TMCC Senior Rider Profile: Dale Austin
1. My first motorbike ride
Was on a Honda QR50 around our house and surrounding property. Then, at the age of 5, my Dad and Mum took my sister and I to the race track – Taree Motorcycle Club and Macleay District Motorcycle Club
2. The reason I started riding a motorbike
My Dad and Mum
3. My first motorbike and other bikes I have ridden
QR50, PW50, KX65, Junior Speedway Bike, Quad bike, Banshee, Thumpstar 125, CBR250, HYOSUNG 650, Honda CT110 Postie Bike, YZ125, YZ250F and YZ450F
4. Members of my family who ride motorcycles
My Dad raced when he was younger in South Australia and returned to the track when Erin and I started out as juniors, he raced all types of bikes at: Hastings Valley Motorcycle Club – Molly Milligan’s, Vintage Motocross, Macleay District Motorcycle Club, Nulla Nulla-Enduro, Taree Motorcycle Club, Tamworth Moore Creek Speedway and Newcastle Showground. He still has his Harley Davidson and a Quad Bike.
My sister raced as well in Dirt Track, competing as a junior and junior speedway. She was the first girl in NSW to race a junior speedway bike and we were the first sisters in NSW.
My Mum rides as well. She has owned a few bikes herself, 250 VStar and she now owns an 800 Speed Master.
5. People who support me with/sponsor my motorcycle riding
My family- they’re my number 1 cheer squad and support crew.
Austin’s Oysters, Camden Haven Marine, Camden Haven Motorcycles, ZippyTieMan, Spokewraps, Constable Printing, Trailer Factory, PowerPlus Racing Fuels, Whites tyres, Port Macquarie Motorcycles and Dale’s Suspension
6. The year I become a TMCC member and my favourite part of the TMCC track
1992 – 14 + years. All of it
7. My other sports or hobbies
8. My favourite sportsperson
I admire anyone who gets out there, has a go and follows their dreams
9. Classes I have been riding in during 2019
Women’s Open, Pro 250, Pro 450, Pro Open and 19” Flat Track
10. What I like best about riding a motorbike
It’s great fun, an awesome atmosphere with lots of lovely people and lifelong friends.